Friday, October 24, 2008

Pizzas

If you notice up there, the subheader of this blog says "reading, writing, and pizza-making." Admittedly, this is a bit of an exaggeration. I don't write nearly enough, and read even less. But I do make pizza. The best pizza in Seattle, as I like to say. I really need to open a pizzeria...

I made four pizzas last night. There were only three of us: me, Erin, and my roommate Kris. But we were able to finish it all mostly because my roommate is the most voracious person I know. (He routinely eats two Chipotle burritos for lunch!)

First up was a margherita:

Margherita pizza

Next a potato pizza:

Potato pizza

The main event was the Obama (Victory) Pie (Arugula, gruyere, caramelized onions, prosciutto, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, parmesan):

Obama Pizza, 1

Obama Pizza, 2

And finally, another basic margherita, except with ricotta and tomatoes this time.

pizza, again

Yep. I'm hungry again...

3 comments:

Carrie M said...

Holy lord, those look delicious.

Brian Hurley said...

Why did I have to see these photos at 2 o'clock when I didn't even go to lunch?

Andy said...

I have this plan to build a mud oven in the backyard. It's surprisingly easy to do, but we'll see if I actually do. Once that happens, I'm officially opening up my pizzeria/bakery/linneria. I'll sell subscriptions to my neighbors, wake up early, bake the bread, and deliver it around the block.