Monday, December 01, 2008

Grape Nuts and Carl Jung

I have started to eat Grape Nuts. Every few years, I decide to give Grape Nuts another shot because I keep thinking I'll like them, but then I really don't because they don't taste that good. They still don't taste that good. Additionally, I am reminded that they are difficult to eat because unlike most cereal, they don't float to the top for easy access, and I am just pushing them around on the floor of the bowl with a spoon.

Despite all this, I am going to persevere and eat Grape Nuts. This is because it is part of my new elaborate plan to attract women. Let me explain: in olden days, Grape Nuts were a real man's cereal. A father's cereal. And there is some girl out there who will see me eating Grape Nuts (in public), and be flooded with memories of her happy youth and gallant father. And according to Carl Jung, who gave us the psychological phenomena of both the Electra Complex and Transference, she will fall hopelessly in love with me. Clearly, my plan is foolproof.

Then again, maybe the more palatable and tasty plan is to connect via shared food interests, and Miley Cyrus doesn't like breakfast cereal at all. She prefers S'mores flavor Pop Tarts. Pop Tarts!

2 comments:

Brian Hurley said...

Andy, there are other ways to convince girls that you are a father figure. By telling them not to leave the house until they change into something decent, for example.

hthr said...

Grape Nuts are more of a grandpa cereal, anyway.