Wednesday, May 09, 2007

swift movement.

Packing light is always a revelation. You realize just how mobile you really are. Other than my books, I doubt there's much I'm gonna think about or miss (until it gets cold and I'm lacking my winter clothing, anyway.) The things I'll really miss, of course, are the intangible things - friends, places, etc. It occurs to me that we gather excessive physical belongings at least partly because it anchors us down to where we are so we can't just pick up and leave, a somewhat subconscious desire to settle down somewhere.

I do not plan on buying too many things in Seattle perhaps because it's hard for me to fathom staying there an especially long time. It also helps that I can't really afford to buy many things.

At any rate: Watch out, Seattle. Here I come.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Friends are perfectly tangible.

Andy said...

i did write friendships originally, and then I changed it for some reason.