Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Baking sorrow to a burnt crisp.


When I am sad, I start to bake and cook. I just got my second Kitchenaid, because it would've been silly to ship my other bigger one all the way here from NY.

Two days ago I made ciabatta. Yesterday, I made General Andy's Chicken. Today I made some bagels, based on inspiration from Heather having made some recently, though I didn't bother with that bitch Martha and went with my trusty King Arthur Flour Baking Companian. I don't know if mine are any better than Heather's, but they look pretty nice.

2 comments:

Brian Hurley said...

General Tso was a gifted military leader who fought in the Taiping Rebellion, China's greatest civil war, which claimed millions of lives, in the mid-19th century. (This from the Washington Post.) He is known as the Chinese version of William Tecumseh Sherman. He was ruthless. (I used to call it General Gao's chicken at home, but apparently that's just a regional difference.)

Andy, I don't mean to be presumptuous, but what are your credentials for having a chicken dish named after you?

amy said...

Hey Andy! I wish you were in New York and we could bake and cook together! Miss you.

http://amyvanvechtenmusicky.wordpress.com/