Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Hillary's Catch-23

Karl commented to me that Hillary, too, should fall under "Barack's Paradox" (described in the blog post below) because she is a woman. There are three reasons why she does not: a) Hillary's Paradox does not have the same ring to it, b) Hillary is a Clinton and her relation to Bill means she isn't an underdog, c) Hillary has not acted like a woman, dressed like a woman, etc. I think her little meltdown was the best thing that could've happened to her campaign. It makes her more of a woman, more human, and less of a Clinton. It made her more likeable. It's probably why she won New Hampshire. Obama's appeal for change is really just an appeal against the favorites, the frontrunners, the Clintons, the Bushes. It is an underdog's rally cry. If I am Hillary Clinton's strategist, I would tell her to wear a skirt and show some skin. I would tell her to be a woman.

No comments: